Of all things on earth only the blood of Jesus cannot be counterfeited, and much of what we call love, grace, prosperity, health, honesty, humility, you name it, can be fraudulent. Many millions are trapped in false teaching with not a clue that is where they are.
Some people are wildly offended by the idea that blood has some bearing on one’s sins. But consider what we have here.
1. God established early on the blood sacrifice was the acceptable way to reach Him. Originally the Jews were given a series of yearly steps for the sacrifice of animals and told specifically that one’s children were unacceptable as a blood sacrifice.
Gen 22 2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.) God substituted a ram instead of the son, and demonstrated that eventually God Himself would provide a blood sacrifice which is Jesus.
2. There is plenty of blood available. Both animals and birds have blood, and in the Old Testament they are occasionally used as sacrifices.
3. Human beings have @10 pints of blood, but it is not acceptable to God because men and women are sinners. In this way, if not for dozens of others, we know that Islamites cannot die for their religion, receive forgiveness and heaven. Muslims are sinners too; the blood of their innocent children is unacceptable so when they strap bombs on their children they are committing murder.
4. And this is the important point – Satan himself cannot find a blood sacrifice as a substitute.
5. Jesus’ blood came from a Holy Father.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
6. The blood type comes from the father not the mother. The father of Jesus is God Himself, the holiest blood of all.
7. When Jesus shed His blood, He not only won back the universe from the devil he foiled all attempts of the devil to provide a substitute.
1 Corinthians 2:7-9 …..the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
When Satan promoted the death of Jesus he sealed his own permanent fate which God, it says in this passage, had devised from the beginning.
That is why Jesus had to die by shedding of blood – a gun, a noose, drowning, suffocation – none of these would do the job.
If you enjoy our articles here, please join the discussion by subscribing, and following us on Twitter @ImmaculateAssum and at Immaculate Assumptions on Facebook. Additional background material on the author and her writings can be found at AMAZON where you may purchase her e-book, Immaculate Assumptions: All You Heard about the Bible that Isn’t True.